Brief BIO for Introducing Dr. Beane
- He is an internationally recognized expert, speaker, and author on bullying.
- His 36 years of experience in education includes:
o teaching special education,
o teaching regular education,
o teaching higher education,
o serving as vice president of a university,
o and serving as Director of a School Safety Center.
- He is the author of seven published anti-bullying books and several resources, as well as several self-published books. One of his books is in ten languages.
- His program, The Bully Free® Program, has been adopted by schools and districts throughout the United States.
- He and material from the Bully Free® Program have been featured in national publications such as USA Today, USA Weekend, Time for Kids, and Newsweek for Teens, School Transportation News, Parent Magazine, and many other national magazines and journals. He has been interviewed by Time Magazine and People Magazine. He has also assisted the staff of the Oprah Winfrey Show to develop a show about bullying.
- He has also made numerous television appearances such as Fox News, ABC News and CNN Headline News—Nancy Grace Show.
- He has served as an expert witness in four criminal cases and has served as a consultant in six (6) lawsuits involving bullying.